INOV8 Notes: Lean Startup Simulcast, ARK Sequel, More
Cleaning out the ol’ closet/back burner/hopper:
- Innovate Arkansas is hosting a Lean Startup simulcast on Monday, Dec. 3. Register here. Seating is limited, so sign up now. You don’t have to stay for the whole thing (it runs from 11-8). Here’s more on just what Lean Startup is. Oh, IA will host from the Gary Greene Conference Room at its Winrock International home.
- ARK 2: The Startup Strikes Back is set. Well, basically set. And it’s not called that, of course. The ARK Challenge‘s second leg will start up in late May and run through September. The application process will begin later this year. In case you haven’t seen it, here’s coverage of Demo Day last week from Arkansas Business (City Wire and Arkansas Times had some great coverage, as well, FYI). More soon on the ARK site.
- IA’s Fauxsee Innovations of Magnolia recently received a Technology Transfer Assistance Grant from the Arkansas Science and Technology Authority. Fauxsee president Brandon Foshee told ASBTDC Tech Track that the money will be used for development services. Fauxsee develops mobility products for the visually impaired. Check ‘em out; this is an awesome venture.
- SpatiaLink is another IA client in the news. Well, it’s the subject of a magazine feature, anyway. SpatiaLink was featured in the latest issue of the UA’s Research Frontiers. A great piece by Matt McGowan takes readers behind the scenes with SpatiaLink at the DWR Governor’s Cup and prestigious Rice business plan competitions held earlier this year. Well done.
- Made by Few — sorry, MxF (hey, we’re old) — is making plans for its 2013 event. The date and venue is locked down, but they’re not ready to reveal ‘em just yet. Go here to sign up for email notifications. Started last year, MxF is “an annual tech conference featuring talks from entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and creatives. It’s part showcase, part education, and part inspiration. Registration is limited.”
- IA client Movista, formerly known as MerchantView (which still exists as a product), will be the featured monthly client profile in Arkansas Business in December. MerchantView was a featured monthly profile back in June 2011. In addition to the corporate name change, big things are happening. Watch the Dec. 3 issue of AB.
You can leave a response below, or trackback from your own site.