G60 Argenta to Open Sustainable Communities Leadership Summit
The second annual Sustainable Communities Leadership Summit, Thrivability: Growing Sustainable Communities, will run Oct. 15-17 in North Little Rock, and it’ll open with G60 Argenta.
The summit is presented by the Applied Sustainability Center at the University of Arkansas Walton Business College, and it’ll go down from the Wyndham Riverfront in downtown North Little Rock. Pre-summit activities on Oct. 15 will include G60 Argenta from The Joint.
Also, the summit will include optional learning opportunities including field trips, workshops and even a sunrise trail ride with former NLR Mayor Pat Hays.
(Speaking of sustainability, here’s coverage from Arkansas Business of Bill Ritter’s address before the AAEA annual meeting on Tuesday.)
The summit itself will consist of sessions broken into four categories:
- Rural Communities
- Active Transportation/Local Foods/Public & Private Partnerships.
Sessions in Rural Communities will include:
- Rural Communities & Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Communities Planning in the Delta
- Sustainability in Small Towns.
Energy sessions are:
- Energy & Schools — Beyond Safe, Warm and Dry
- Reno or Demo: Multifamily Housing
- Show Me the Money: Financing Energy Efficiency Projects
- Landfill Gas to Electricity
Water sessions include:
- Climate Change, Water and the Economy
- Water Solutions, Part 1: Protect and Restore
- Water Solutions, Part 2: Green Infrastructure, Native Species and Low Impact Development
Sessions in Active Transportation/Local Foods/Public & Private Partnerships:
- Healthy Food, Healthy People, Healthy Economies
- Active Transportation
- City Lab
In addition, the summit will include a sustainable city showcase. Check out the full agenda here, register for the summit here, and sign up for G60 here. Better hurry, presenter spots are going fast…
You can leave a response below, or trackback from your own site.
5 Responses to “G60 Argenta to Open Sustainable Communities Leadership Summit”