Innovate Arkansas provides the necessary due diligence required to identify potential new technology products and services, assist the founders or inventors of the products with their business startup and financial support needs, and provide the mentoring needs to move them to commercial enterprises.
- Technology product assessments
- Market feasibility analysis
- Intellectual property advice
- Commercialization strategies
- Business plan development
- Coaching and mentoring assistance
- Product and concept valuation
- Enhance links to existing capital resources
- Early stage investment advice
- SBIR application assistance
- STTR application assistance
- Federal, state and local grant assistance
- Second and third stage financing assistance
On-The-Shelf Intellectual Property Development
- Identification of on-the-shelf IP
- Negotiation of control of on-the-shelf IP
- Matching on-the-shelf IP with serial entrepreneurs
- On-the-shelf IP development
- Utilization of Winrock International’s IP professional network for general IP questions
Founder Harvey Hughes of Mountain Home's SEAS Education, an Innovate Arkansas client firm, likes to keep things simple. Here are his five tips for startup success.
“Patent trolling,” the practice of obtaining large buckets of intellectual property rights with the intention of using them to extract damages and settlement revenue rather than to protect innovation or produce anything, is not a new idea. Over the past 40 years, lawmakers have tried to strike a balance between defending research and advancements while dissuading offensive use of patents that negatively impact our economy.
One Innovate Arkansas client firm stretches the "startup" tag. SEAS Education of Mountain Home has been around since 1995 and quietly has become a leading national provider of education plan management software.
Eyona Mitchell is experiencing first hand how the other half lives. A one-person team competing in the fourth installment of the ARK Challenge startup accelerator in downtown Little Rock, Mitchell used to help businesses at previous stints working with the Downtown Little Rock Partnership and Alt.Consulting in Pine Bluff.